Legal Advice?

Child Custody Disputes

Unless there is another violation of a law, or if there is immediate concern for the welfare of a child, an officer will not make an arrest. The officer will document the violation in an offense report.

Contract Disputes

These are civil matters that only a court can enforce. An officer cannot assist with contract disputes.

Rental/Tenant Issues

Unless there is some other violation of a law, this is a civil issue that an officer cannot mediate. If the court orders a person removed from a property, a City Marshall will serve the eviction notice (if applicable). The Constables Office may ask for assistance from the Pearsall Police Department. Interfering with a court ordered eviction is a violation of the law.

Show All Answers

1. Filing Police Reports-- When Should I Call 911?
2. How do I report criminal activity or information on unsolved crimes?
3. My vehicle was impounded by police. Now what do I do?
4. What is the Tow Law?
5. Legal Advice?
6. How do I start a neighborhood watch?
7. How do I take care of traffic tickets?
8. What is the status of my case?
9. How can I compliment an officer who is doing a great job?
10. How do I file a complaint on an officer?